What does SWIS consist of?
We offer the children an exciting mix of Islamic education and fun/creative activities.
The curriculum is made up of 2 major areas:
- Weekly lessons:
- Islamic Studies – essential teachings & practices of Islam, with emphasis on moderation/middle ground.
- Seerah – covering life of the Prophet Muhammad (Sallallahu alehi wa aalehi wasallam), other Prophets (peace be upon them), Islamic personalities & their teachings.
- Adaab/Akhlaaq for younger children.
- Memorisation of short Surahs, Salah, duas and kalimaats.
- Life, social skills, contemporary religious issues (for older children).
- We use highly regarded Safar Publication syllabus which has been carefully chosen to ensure it is informative, creative, and interesting to facilitate children’s interaction.
We regularly monitor student progress and keep the parents informed. Quarterly tests and annual exams are held for each subject in June/July and formal school report is issued for each student, highlighting positives and areas of improvement.
- Quarterly Special Events:
Each quarter we hold special events, where the children take the lead role to organize the activities and learn different skills.
This has included :
- Mock hajj (showing children how to perform hajj practically)
- celebration of Prophet’s (peace be upon him) life and his Sunnah
- healthy eating
- drug/alcohol awareness
- charity collections
- various local & international causes.
Click here to access our activities page.